Thursday, July 18, 2013

I (sorta) promise I'm not a shopaholic.


It kind of seems like I do a lot of shopping but I promise that's not the case!  My thing is makeup.  Do I actually need any of it?  Of course not! But if Husband tells me you have (insert money limit)  that you can spend on whatever, I will most likely gravitate towards makeup.  Never fails.  I really should be buying clothes but, pft, lipstick is way more of a necessity.  Right?  Right. 



Urban Decay was my first 'high end' makeup product I bought and it just so happens to be one of my absolute favorite brands.  I'm definitely a 'color' girl and Urban Decay is definitely the place you go to for bright, fun colors! 

I originally just wanted to try out their newly released lipsticks but turns out they were having a sale!  SCORE!  I'm going to warn you.  There is A LOT of purple here.  Since I have green eyes purple is my BAM color.  And who doesn't want an eyeshadow that makes your eyes go 'BAM'?!  


 
Let's get the boring stuff out of the way first.  I got this setting spray in sample size just try it out last year and fell in love with it.  I used to live in Louisiana and it worked wonders for keeping my makeup on.  Now, living in Houston, where it's probably a thousand degrees hotter, I had to invest in some more of this miracle spray!  If you live in an area that hot and humid I'd definitely recommend this stuff! 

 

And here we are about to jump into some serious purple.  I've been loving the natural eye with a pop of color look lately and I saw these were on sale so I grabbed a couple.  Believe it or not I actually didn't have any colored eyeliners.  The top swatch is actually Ransom and the bottom is Lust.  Looking at the packaging it looks like Ransom would be darker than Lust but that's not the case.  Ransom is actually brighter, while Lust is a little bit deeper with added shimmer.  




Continuing with the purple I picked up an eyeshadow in the color Omen. It's a lovely duotone of purple and blue and is going to look absolutely gorgeous on the lower lash line!



Surprise, surprise.  More purple!  I've never owned any of the Deluxe eyeshadows by UD they of course do not disappoint.  They are, just like all UD shadows, ridiculously smooth and I'm sure will blend like a dream. I just love how cute that packaging is!  The blue is Peace and the purple is Ransom and they were only $4.00!  That's just craziness.  




Another product I had never tried before from UD was their cream blush.  I got the color Fetish and I was a little scared it would be way too dark from the look on the website, but that's totally not the case.  It looks dark in the packaging but it actually goes on a lot lighter!  I think this will be perfect for the 'natural flush' look and can't wait to try it out!






I feel like there should be some kind of awesome and exciting music to show the last product.  I definitely saved the best for last.  The new Revolution Lipstick.  O. M. G.  It is absolutely AMAZING.  This color is Turn On and it is GORGEOUS.  It's the prettiest medium colored pink and glides on like a dream.  It's ridiculously creamy and pigmented. Once these hit stores in my area, I'm definitely going to be checking out the other colors in the line!

If you liked any of the products I ordered a few are actually still on sale!  ;)


Have you tried or plan to try Urban Decay's new lipsticks?

What's your favorite makeup brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment