Monday, July 1, 2013

Oh snap! I went shopping... again!

Since moving to the Houston area husband has been spoiling me left and right and I'm not complaining!  I usually go by myself but every now and then we'll strap the kids into the stroller and take a family trip to our local mall. I had been eyeing a Fossil watch for the past two weeks and hinting about it and husband finally gave me those three little words of 'go get it' and I was doing flips.  IT'S SO PRETTY.  I love it!!  Let me quit blabbing and show you the goods along with a few other things I picked up.  

Ahhh, I just love it so much! Let's just take a minute to appreciate it for a minute...........Okay that's long enough. :)  I have another watch from Fossil that's rose gold with links and it's pretty fancy so I wanted something a little toned down for everyday wear.  This one is the Heather Three Hand Leather Watch in Grey although I think it's more of a grey/brown but I kinda love that because it will literally go with anything. According to the website the strap is also interchangeable which is a pretty nice feature if you wanted to get a different size or color.  If you are on a little more of a budget or if you don't quite want to spend $115 on a watch there's a sale going on at Fossil and you can get the Heather Three Hand Leather Watch in Brown for $79.99! You're welcome ;)


SO PRETTY!



Next place we went was Urban Outfitters.  We didn't have one where I used to live in Louisiana so I'm kind of obsessed.  I picked up the Love You Always Necklace which was actually on sale for $4.99 (SCORE!) and the Snowbunny Delicate Stone Necklace for $16.00.  They look super cute alone or layered with each other.  The only problem I have is the chain on the Love necklace is a little stiff but it was only $5 so I guess I can't complain too much. I also picked up another 'midi' ring.  I already have 2 from UO and I wear them pretty much every day.  This one has a black stone with gold detailing, it fits perfectly, and it was also husband's favorite! 

As we were walking our way back through the mall to leave, husband spotted Aldo and noticed they were having a sale and pointed it out to me. I was content with what I already had and he throws shoes at me.  Best. Husband. Ever.  I found 'fancy' flip flops on sale for $29.  These may not be 'fancy' to some people but I walk around in the rubber ones most days so this is definitely considered fancy to me.  In reality they weren't that great of a sale because they were only $5 off but whatever they're cute. 



I'm staring to see a pattern with gold here... 


All that shopping worked up an appetite so we hit up The Cheesecake Factory.  Way back when husband and I were first dating we took a trip to Austin to visit his grandma and tried it out and had a pretty good experience.  This time?  Not so much.  

Fruit flies.  I HATE fruit flies.  I deal the every day struggle of keeping the little bastards out of my house.  I DO NOT want to see them when I'm eating at a restaurant.  Yuck.  Husband ordered the summer spring rolls and they were very attracted to it.  Not my favorite.   I'm not one for cold food but it was okay...until I tried what I think was peanut sauce.  Barf. I got past the way it looked and the fact that it was cold but I could not for the life of me eat anymore after that peanut sauce. 


I really hate when restaurants have a menu that's 20 pages long.  I felt overwhelmed and ended up ordering the shrimp and bacon sandwich.  If you are on a diet avoid this.  I know the bacon would probably be an indicator of not healthy but holy mayo and bread! Tons of mayo and 3 slices of bread.  I could barely put it in my mouth. (That's what she said) I took a few bites then picked at it.  Again, not my fav. We probably wont be making another trip to eat here because none of us really enjoyed it.  We did get a turtle cheesecake that I thought was okay but nothing special. 

That pretty much concludes our day Sunday.  We spent the rest of the day relaxing until it was time for the kids to go to bed so we could watch True Blood.  Which I am loving by the way.  Yes I am from Louisiana and no I do not speak like that. Just in case you were wondering ;)


Enough about me.  How was your day?








No comments:

Post a Comment