Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Keeping it basic.

There are times when I want to get out the house and don't have a lick of makeup on, and then there are times where I actually try and look decent.  I'm definitely not one of those people who has to have a full face of makeup to walk out the house.  Let's be realistic.  I have two kids.  But on the rare occasion I actually feel up to 'putting on a face' so I go for it.  Today was that day so here's a look at my 'everyday' go to look.  



I start with Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 and a Nivea Lip Butter.  If you don't like a strong sunscreen smell you might want to avoid that one.  It's so potent that if I rub my face on my husband or kids I can smell it on them.  

After that kind of soaks in I add eye primer to both my lids and under eye area to avoid creasing from both my shadow and concealer.  I had been using thebalms concealer for awhile but it's a little heavy and creases so I've returned back to the Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser for the time being. 

I then move on to set everything with my Cargo powder that I've finally hit pan on.  I like to use powder instead of foundation because I don't really need much coverage and I hate feeling like my face can't breath in this Houston heat.  I'll occasionally try different foundations out and wear it for 'special' occasions just to feel fancy (because foundation makes me fancy, of course).  

And lastly, for my face, I fill in my brows.  I use the Anastasia brow powder kit and an angled brush and focus more on the areas that need it.  My left brow for some odd reason has a gap in it.  It's always been there and I have no idea why.  


And now on to the eyes!  I already primed my lids when I was putting my face on so I go straight into putting the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze.  I. Love. This. Stuff.  I apply it to my lid and blend it with my finger and honestly sometimes that's all I wear.  But, since we're going for of a 'I tried this morning' look I take it a step further and blend a taupe color into my crease and on my lower lash line.  

Next, I line my upper waterline with Urban Decay's Rockstar 24/7 pencil to make my lashes look a little more full.  Then, I curl my lashes and add mascara.  I just started using the Covergirl Waterproof Lashexact in Very Black and I'm not sure if I completely love it but I normally don't like mascara until it starts to dry out a little anyway.  Weird.  I know. 


The blush I'm obsessed with is NYX Dusty Rose.  I've been obsessed with it for awhile now and have barely put a dent in it.  I think it looks the most natural for my skin tone and I'm cool with that!  

Now, the Hoola bronzer is an extra.  Sometimes I do it, sometimes I don't.  I never really figured out if I can apply it and not look crazy so I apply just a little.  I mean why not, right?  You could also use bronzer in your crease instead of the taupe eyeshadow and it would work the same and it would be one less product you would have to grab.


For lips I usually just add whatever is in my purse when I'm heading out of the door.  And if we're being honest most of my lip collection is in my purse anyway.  Don't judge, you know you do it too.  Today I dabbed a little of the Wet n Wild lipstick in Hot Pink and blended it in with my finger just to give my lips a little more color and then top it off with the L'oreal Colour Riche Lip Balm in Caring Coral.  This is the only L'oreal balm I have and I love it!  Although there isn't a huge color pay off, it's pretty moisturizing to the lips and the packaging is pretty too!  


And here's the final look!  After looking at this picture again, I guess it's kind of a 'no makeup, makeup look'.  Just enough to make me look alive. ;)  

I know it may seem like a lot of products but it's really not.  I don't cake it on and I've gotten so in the habit of everything it literally takes me minutes.  


And since I'm amazing (just kidding, but really) I took a picture of swatches of all the products I used minus the not so fun stuff like concealer and powder. 

Are you okay with going out the house without makeup?
What's your everyday makeup routine?  


Until next time! 




No comments:

Post a Comment