Tuesday, July 2, 2013

NOTD: Fourth of July

I had a little free time last night to paint my nails so why not get festive for the Fourth?!  I've been seeing tons of NOTD on Instagram and decided to join in the fun! 



I started off with clean nails and used Butter London's Nail Foundation.  I had never used a base coat before Husband surprised me with this one Valentine's Day.  I'm pretty rough with my nails so I really don't know if it makes that much of a difference so I think I do it more out of habit than anything else.  The topcoat on the other hand, I love.  It's shiny and dries quick which are two things this girl loves. 


Nothing screams Fourth of July at you more than red, white, and blue! 
Sally Hansen Instadri in Rapid Red is the BEST red.  It's literally a mom's dream.  It's fast drying and I only had to use one coat.  Yes, you read that right.  ONE. COAT.  Plus the price isn't bad either at only $4.99.  Amazing.  

The white nail polish is Reverso by Andrea's Choice.  I got this in an Ipsy bag back in the day and never really used it before.  Besides for feeling like I was putting whiteout on my nails it's actually pretty decent.  It took only 2 coats to get it opaque and it's literally in your face, BAM, white.  

The blue is Baker Street by Nails, Inc.  I've been obsessed with finding this color ever since I saw it on the blog A Little Obsessed.  Coincidence?  I think not.  I mean click the link and see if you don't want to hunt the color down after looking at her nails!  They're GORGEOUS!  It was sold out at my local Sephora for the longest time until one of the lovely ladies there showed me it was actually on sale and had a special edition sparkly cap.  SOLD. If you can't find it on sale and want to spend a little less check out Sally Hansen's Pacific Blue  I think it's a pretty close dupe. 

And if you're anything like me and your eye was instantly drawn to that lovely bottle of sparkles it's Essie Set In Stones.  It's one of the luxeffects and it's the prettiest silver glitter.  Now, like most glitters, you need to pat it on instead of dragging to actually get the glitter on your nail.  Ahh, it's SO sparkly!  Love it.  


If you're curious about the watch I'm wearing, read about it here!


What do your nails look like today?
Do you have any plans for the Fourth?



No comments:

Post a Comment